Saturday 7 November 2009

Hair...

My model is very nearly finished now so time to catch up on the process before I add the final bits....

After I painted the face I started adding the hair. The hair is embroidery thread which I added strand by strand. I painted PVA glue on the model then added the thread to that carefully and gently moved it into place with a modelling tool. Although it was very fiddly and time consuming I did it this way as I didn't want to paste the thread on and paint over the top of the thread with glue as it would have dried plastic-like and shiney.


Below is the head after being fully covered in the embroidery thread. If I have time I plan to add more thread to the hair, this time thinner strands, in a purple-grey colour thread to give it more detail and make it look more like my original design.



No comments:

Post a Comment