Saturday 8 January 2011

TWO THOUSAND AND ELEVEN...

Well I said I'd keep updating my blog after college and... well... I didn't. Not very often anyway... but...

New Year, New Start!

So I'm making it my resolution to update my blog at least twice a week, and as I've given myself a list of projects to this year I *should* have enough to keep it up! I've got a few illustration projects (just for fun), a bunch of stuff to knit, and two lot's of bridesmaids duties which include designing a set of invitations and making two lots of wedding toppers!

So for a start here's a few photos I had knocking about...

My lovely ex housemate Charlotte bought me an awesome calendar for Christmas; every month has a picture of a zombie which also comes flat pack with the calendar so you can build it yourself. After building the first one I realllly wanted to make another, but I'm going to be good and do each one on the first of every month. I do love a bit of paper craft...


One of my housemates took up knitting before Christmas, and as I'm always banging on about how awesome the Stitch'n'Bitch books are I thought I'd buy her one and put a little knitting kit together with some nice wool, bamboo needles and other useful bits and put them all in a bag, so I bought a blank canvas tote and made use of some fabric paints I bought a good while ago and sat down one afternoon to make it all look pretty! 
I cut a piece of scrap cardboard to put into the bag to stretch it out and keep it flat so it was easier to work on, and to stop the paint going through onto the back, then drew on the image in pencil. I mixed the fabric paints to get the colours I wanted and then filled all the large blank areas with colour...



After the first lot of paint had dried I added the writing and the detail to the balls of wool with darker shades of the same colours, then drew on the faces with a black sharpie...

Ta daaaa...


I have done other stuff, honestly, it's just either not that interesting or it's work stuff... which usually is't that interesting either.

This weeks plan is to get some wool so that I can start making a jumper! Though it seems it's going to cost about £40-£45 for the wool I need for it, so hopefully I'll not only finish it but it'll fit!

I really want to buy a Print Gocco too, especially for making the wedding invitations! Maybe I should treat myself...

2 comments:

  1. That bag is AH-MAAZIIING :D I want one!! Ahh i'm glad you're posting again :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calendar is SOOOOOOOO cool!!! I admire your will power to wait each month lol.
    And I love the bag- that is adorable!! I've had fabric paints for so long now and still havent done anything with them- I was gonna paint some spongebob style converse which didnt happen. So you've got me thinking again now. x

    ReplyDelete