Sunday 23 January 2011

From Knit to Nit...

I thought it was about time that I showed folk a little of what I do at work as I do tend to complain that I don't have time to do much other than work-work these days.

A lot of what I do at work is for presentations for clients and so I'm not allowed to show you it or I'll get my fingers cut off, but here are some images I did for a report about nit shampoo whihc I'm allowed to share! Yes, I know, exciting stuff.

I was asked to draw some nits (cute ones though) in various poses and doing various things, so here's a couple of them...

It was pretty difficult to design the nits as a lot of them needed to be standing up for the poses that were required and nits have super long abdomens, but I tried my best anyway! 
I drew them all in pencil first, this little guy is supposed to be "fierce nit"...


I created the image in a 2D style without linework first, which I was really pleased with, but as I had about 12 different images to produce I needed a faster way of churning them out...


In order to speed things up a bit I drew over the images in ink and rescanned them and then used the live trace tool in illustrator then coloured the image up from underneath in photoshop. So here's a few... 

The redrawn version of the fierce nit...


Postman nit...


and scared nit...

Not everything I do at work is this fun though, most of the time I draw up concepts for stuff and mock up facebook tabs, but it was nice to do a little bit of cartoony stuff!

I also got to revamp the 1000heads logo for the email signatures at Christmas too, the jumper was the most fun but time consuming bit; making the little knitted pattern out of 'v's!

1 comment:

  1. hahah cooool. Loving 'postman nit'. Also loving knit/nit pun. I see whatyee did there *groan* :P

    ReplyDelete