Tuesday 11 January 2011

And so it begins...

... by "it" I mean the jumper I'm knitting!

I decided that by next christmas I want to be able to knit my own christmas jumper 'cause I've never found one I like that fits (well I did this year but it wasn't meant to be).

I was going to start from scratch and work my way up to knitting the jumper by working through all the basics, but I was looking through my stitch'n'bitch books and came across a pattern for a jumper that is pretty basic and I already know all the techniques needed to make it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

The jumper in the pattern is made of different shades of pink which isn't really my colour, so I've decided to go for navy and white with a little bluey grey in there too. I decided to start with the sleeves first as they were smaller and I wasn't able to get enough skeins of wool in the colours I wanted so I couldn't start on the striped body, and I wanted to be sure I could make complete pieces while I wait for the rest of the wool to arrive.

So here's the first photo of it having cast on and knit/purled one row, I have a little more now but will post that later...


As well as going on a mission for Rowan Cotton Glace and knitting this weekend I had a wonder to Brick Lane and Spitalfields market where there's a stall selling lots of printing press letters. I really want to buy some but haven't a clue what I could do with them...


This evening's plan is to do a bit more knitting and maybe make a new background for my blog, I want something that matches the new title more. I'm thinking... bunting!

OOH and I bought a Print Gocco y'day, just waiting for it to be delivered, I'm super excited, can't wait to have a play with it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment