Monday 21 June 2010

Mittensss...

I spent the last week doing a bit of knitting as it's been SOOO long since I've had any free time to do any! A while ago I'd made one of a pair of Alligator mittens from one of my Stitch'n'bitch books, so I decided to start again and try finish a pair this time.

Kitting on double ended needles was a little tricky to start with but once I was on a roll it was pretty easy...




The pattern started off on the double ended needles to do the wrists and then was worked flat to create the top and bottom of the mitten...


After I'd knitted the green part for both mittens I started on the mouth pieces, these were pretty straight forward to do, just garter stitch with a bit of increasing and decreasing... 




Once I'd finished both of the mouth pieces I started to sew the two parts together, for this I used the long pieces of wool left hanging from when I'd cast on and bound off...


Once I've sewn them all together I'll be adding the eyes, and teeth and I plan to add a cord too, or a ribbon, to run through the sleeves on my coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment