Sunday 22 May 2011

Quick catch-up...

Even though I've been MIA for a good few months the crafting has continued, although there was a little while where I just didn't have time to sit down and crack on with anything, but here are a few things I've been working on/ continuing with...

I started knitting a small chunky knit snood/face warmer for when I'm on the scooter so that I don't have to keep wearing a scarf. I used a full ball of wool but I'm yet to buy a second ball to finish it. I shouldn't take long though as it's just simple seed stitch and I just need to keep knitting it until I can fit it around my head then just sew the ends together...


I've still been working on my jumper! I finished the two sleeves and then started on the front piece which has a striped pattern. The pattern I'm following is pink and uses 4 different colours to create the stripes, but I decided to go for Navy and have used 3 colours instead...


I managed to finish the front piece about 2 weeks ago and so I've started on the back piece now, which is exactly the same as the front, then I need to attach them all, knit the neck on some circular needles and then sew all the seams! yey!


I've also been working on my Emily Peacock 'Hug' cushion, not as much as I'd have liked though...


Another little project which was quite fun was a wedding present I put together back in February. The bride and groom weren't having a honeymoon so we decided to make them a honeymoon in a box. We managed to find the cutest suitcase from Liberty. I decorated the lid with Hawaii themed images and flowers, then we filled it with all sorts of fun things (chocolates, some beautiful Alessi champagne glasses, Champagne, vouchers, a wedding photo album, postcards, some flower garlands and of course some confetti!)


Over the Easter holiday I also managed to catch up with my zombie calendar (though I now have May to do!) so here's March...


 ...and April...


So that's about it I think! There's more stuff I'm working on at the moment but I'll blog it as I go, and I'll leave you with a sketch of me drawn by Jon Burgerman


No comments:

Post a Comment