Monday 16 August 2010

Little shop of horrors...


I started this picture when I was down in London a couple of months ago, but once I got back it was a little neglected... well, a lot neglected... I hadn't so much as looked at it. I've been ill the last few days so decided to work on it a little.

I wasn't happy with the male character so I decided to redraw him, fortunately I started by redoing his head and once I was a bit happier with that I kept the body as it was, so this is how he looked before hand...


...and here he is after I redrew his head...


I coloured him the same way as I had coloured the female character, using very flat colour and simple shading... 



Once I had finished with him I roughly coloured the background outside of the shop door, this was then drawn up a lot neater and I'll probably turn the opacity down on the layer a little later on...


So this is how it looks at the moment, Still lots to add to it though; more roots and tentacles, leaves, cracks etc on the wall, and I think I might play around with a texture once I'm finished... if I ever finish it!


1 comment:

  1. Thats looking brill!! The guy has progressed a lot from the start too. I really love the colours you've used, they always go really nicely together.

    ReplyDelete